Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This has Kinda Helped

I have gotten out of the house the last few days.  My cabin fever has broken and even though I still want to play the part of the bear and hibernate until spring, I have managed to find some kind of motivation to get me out and about.  I am still WAY behind on my task list, which has to be completed before Monday.  On Monday, the month of February explodes on my calendar.  Why?  Because I thought it would be a great idea to sign up my son for karate at the same time I signed up my daughter for ballet.  Each class meets twice a week.  Same time, same day?  No way!  Is it ever that easy?

On top of that, my daughter will start her next play with the local theater around February 14th and that is a twice, sometimes three times a week practice.  But I digress...

The real reason for the post is to announce that the blogging has somewhat helped me sort some things out in my life.  I have decided which book to write first and that was a huge decision.  I also decided to make it into a book series and has roughly outlined the first three books.  Very roughly outlined, but it is progress, none the less.  Right now the only things that are keeping me from just diving right in and writing my little heart out are taxes and my new camera.  The taxes won't be too horrible.  I do have software and it's pretty simple, but the camera?  Photography is a pretty big passion of mine along with writing and reading.  I haven't had the time to take this baby out and see what she can do. I named my camera Delila.  She is beautiful and I hope she will help me capture many great memories. 

I hope that in my next post I will be able to report that I have written the first chapter or two.  My creativity has been overflowing lately without the distraction of games.  By the way, I deleted Cityville too.  I am Facebook game free.  I've been clean for three days.  The Wii, now that is a different story.  We just bought a few pretty addictive games for that too.  Those games are exercise though and I can limit myself because I get easily tired. 

One final note...I don't know if the groundhog is supposed to see his shadow or not for spring to come, but whichever it is, I hope it happens.  Otherwise, I will no longer break for groundhogs.  That's your only warning rodents.

No comments:

Post a Comment