Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trying Something New

If I could sum up the theme of my life it would be "trying something new."  I am always looking for the next best thing, or a way to change to be a better person, mom, wife, community member ect...  The last year or so, my "new" major project was to write more.  My wonderful husband had bought for me a writing software for me to organize my thoughts and characters and I was on a mission to write a book.

But a problem has occured.  I keep coming up with new ideas for themes and plots to books I want to write.  At today's count I have the outline for over 10 books, everything from kids books to fiction and non fiction novels.  I am blessed that enough interesting things happen in my life and the small town around me that I have endless themes and stories to go on.  So, most people tell me, having too many ideas is not a problem.  Some people do not have any at all and get writers block.  Well, my problem is not writers block, but motivation.  I sit at the computer and get caught up in Facebook, e-mails, online games, and amazon.com shopping sprees.  The writing software hardly ever gets opened.  Once I open it, I cannot fully decide which book to work on. 

I am not sure if this will help, but I wanted to start to blog.  At least I am writing something longer than a 140 character Facebook post and I hope that it will jumpstart my efforts to write.  I am hoping that it will get me warmed up after all my other online activities everyday to hope on a blog, jot down my random thoughts of the day or something interesting that has happened, or just whatever sparks me, a poem or short story.  Then I will be ready to hop on my writing software and create an amazing book or books.

I have no idea how any of this really works.  I have no idea who will actually read any of this or if anyone will really care.  I have many friends that blog.  Some review books, some talk about motherhood, some have themes, and others do not.  I am giving this site a try as well as a few others.  I hope that I come to love to blog and that somewhere along the way I will share things that will touch someone's life, or help them through a problem or even get them to think a little differently.  As an introduction this is pretty mellow compared to my real attitude.  I love to controversy!  I do talk about politics, religion, and ethics and other subjects that are taboo to bring up at dinner or among mixed friends. 

Here I go...I am trying something new.  I know I will make friends and enemies.  I know I will bring smiles and frowns.  Love me or hate me, I'll be fine.  I am now part of the blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment